Collins Law Group provides representation to clients in the greater Los Angeles area in connection with all elder law matters, including Medi-Cal planning. We understand the concerns that seniors have about their future and we work hard to help you protect yourself from the financial and legal issues that arise as you age. We not only represent seniors but also people of all ages who want to be proactive about securing their assets, maintaining their dignity during the aging process, and maintaining control over their own futures.
To learn more about how our legal team can help with elder law issues and Medi-Cal planning, give us a call today at (310) 677-9787. The services we provide will be customized to meet your goals and address your concerns about the future. We not only offer personalized assistance with long-term care planning, asset protection, and other issues affecting seniors but we can also answer general questions you may have including:
- What types of elder law services do I need?
- Do I need a Medi-Cal plan?
- How can a Los Angeles elder law and Medi-Cal planning attorney help me?
What Types of Elder Law Services Do I Need?
Elder law attorneys focus the legal assistance they provide on meeting the needs of people as they age. When you get older, the chances of an incapacitating illness or injury increases. There is also an increased chance you will need care in a nursing home, as well as an increased chance of death as you near the end of your life expectancy.
Thinking about these aging-related issues is never fun, but it is something that needs to be done. An elder law attorney at Collins Law Group provides the help you need. We assist you in determining what steps you should take to preserve your dignity, autonomy, financial stability, and legacy. We then help you to make use of all available legal tools within the state of California to achieve your goals, enjoy our golden years, and ensure your loved ones are cared for.
Some of the different ways that we can help include:
- Long-term care planning: We assist you in finding ways to protect your assets and get the costs of nursing home care covered.
- Incapacity planning: We help you to make provision for the management of your assets and the making of healthcare decisions in case you are not able to speak on your own behalf.
- Healthcare planning: In addition to helping you name a healthcare proxy, we can also help with living wills and/or advanced directives. These help you to maintain your dignity and quality of life by determining the circumstances under which you want to receive medical care.
- Estate planning: We help you to facilitate the transfer of property and assets to loved ones and/or charitable causes after death. Creating an estate plan can prevent family fighting and save your loved ones a lot of heartache after you are gone.
These are just some of many elder law services which we offer. Our goal is to give seniors the compassionate and knowledgeable representation they need when making all decisions related to aging, end of life matters, and a legacy after death.
Do I Need a Medi-Cal Plan?
One of the most important ways in which Collins Law Group helps seniors is to try to make sure they don’t end up losing everything because they have to go into a nursing home. Medicare and private insurers don’t typically pay for nursing care, except if there’s a medical reason for it like the need to get rehabilitation after a stroke. If you simply need custodial care, or assistance with routine activities of daily living, most insurance won’t cover you.
Medi-Cal will pay for nursing home bills, but only if you have limited income and few resources. The creation of a Medi-Cal plan involves structuring ownership of assets and using other strategic methods to qualify for Medi-Cal without spending all your money or selling any property. To avoid a period of disqualification from Medi-Cal nursing coverage, it is best to create a Medi-Cal plan and carry it out at least five years prior to needing nursing home care.
How can a Los Angeles Elder Law and Medi-Cal Planning Attorney Help Me?
Collins Law Group is a full-service elder law firm offering representation to clients in the greater Los Angeles area including Inglewood, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, and surrounding areas. To learn more about how we can help you to protect assets, qualify for Medi-Cal, and otherwise address the issues affecting seniors, give us a call at (310 677-9787) or contact us online.